Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is one of the toughest and higher level jobs and is fully equipped with many challenges. UPSC Civil Services 2021 is a nationwide competitive examination conducted by UPSC for the recruitment of various services like IAS, IFS, IPS and more. This prestigious exam helps in transforming the candidate’s life with great facilities. An IAS officer is responsible for holding various positions like Cabinet secretary, chief secretary, head of various public sector departments and collector etc. The examination is conducted in three phases Prelims, Mains and Interview and for complete information about UPSC Civil Services 2021, the following article is presented. As it is a very tough exam so candidates are advised to prepare well.
|Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM), SDO, or Sub-Collector (after 2 years of probation)||Junior or Lower Time Scale (5400 Grade Pay and Pay Scale 15600 – 39100)|
|District Magistrate (DM) or Collector or a Joint Secretary of a Government Ministry||Senior Time Scale (6600 Grade Pay and Pay Scale 15600 – 39100)|
|Special Secretary or the Head of Various Government Departments||Junior Administrative (7600 Grade Pay and Pay Scale 15600 – 39100)|
|Secretary to a Ministry||Selection Grade (8700 Grade Pay and Pay Scale 37400 – 67000)|
|Principal Secretary of a Very Important Department of the Government||Super Time Scale (8700 Grade Pay and Pay Scale 37400 – 67000)|
|Varies||Above Super Time Scale (12000 Grade Pay and Pay Scale 37400 – 67000)|
|Chief Secretary of States, Union Secretaries in charge of various ministries of Government of India||Apex Scale(Pay Scale 80000 – Fixed)|
|Cabinet Secretary of India||Cabinet Secretary Grade(Pay Scale 90000 – Fixed)|
UPSC Civil Services 2021: Important Dates
|Publication of the Notification||3rd week of February 2021|
|Starting of Online Application||3rd week of February 2021|
|The closing of Online Application will be on||3rd week of March 2021|
|The release of the Pre Admit Card will be on||Before 10 days of the exam|
|Exam Date (Prelims)||1st week of June 2021|
|Declaration of Result||After one month of the exam|
|The release of Main Admit Card will be on||Before 10 days of the exam|
|Exam Date (Mains)||3rd week of September 2021|
- Citizenship of India required.
- Applicant must be a Tibetan Refugee who migrated to India to settle permanently before January 01, 1962.
- Citizen of Nepal or Subject of Bhutan required.
- The applicant can be a person of Indian origin.
- A bachelor degree from a govt recognized university is required to be eligible.
- The professional and technical qualification of a candidate should be recognized by the government.
- Candidates waiting for final results can also apply.
- However, of these candidates, the result will be submitted while filling the application for the mains exam.
- The age of the candidate should be between 21 years to 32 years old age.
Number of Attempts:
|Category||Number of Attempts|
UPSC Civil Services 2021: Application Fee
- The General Category male candidates are required to pay Rs.100/-.
- Applicants can pay the application fee or registration fee in online or offline mode.
- SC/ST/PWD/Female candidates are exempted to pay the application fee.
- The fee can be paid in cash at any branch of SBI throughout India.
- The fee can also be paid through net banking of SBI branches throughout India or by Visa card/ credit card or debit card.
The Selection Procedure comprises of for stages as:
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam
- Civil Services (Main) Exam
- Personal Interview
- Final Selection
For Pre Exam
|Sections||Number of Questions.||Duration per section|
|Paper I: General Studies||100 (200 marks)||2 Hours|
|Paper II: Aptitude test||80 (200 marks)||2 Hours|
For Main Exam
|A||Modern Indian Language skills||300|
|B||English Language skills||300|
|6||Optional Subject Paper-1||250|
|7||Optional Subject Paper-2||250|
Cut off Score 2016
Cut off Score 2015
Cut off Score 2014
Cut off Score 2013
Cut off Score 2012
Cut off Score 2011
UPSC Civil Services 2021: Syllabus
For Paper I
- Current events of national and international importance
- Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science
For Paper II
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)