UPSC CAPF AC 2020 (Central Armed Police Forces) is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) every year for making a merit-based selection for Assistant Commandants in 179 posts. UPSC is a constitutional body who recruits candidates for Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Border Security Force (BSF), and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). Candidates are required to apply online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in. Candidate should carefully decide about the choice for Center for the exam. Candidate will get ease to read the article given below by getting the relevant information about UPSC CAPF AC 2020.
UPSC CAPF AC 2020: Dates and Events
|Submission of Online Application Form starts from||4th week of April 2020|
|Submission of Online Application Form ends on||3rd week of May 2020|
|Admit card will be released on||3rd week of July 2020|
|UPSC CAPF AC 2020 Exam will be conducted on||2nd week of August 2020|
|Result will be declared on||3rd week of October 2020|
|Conduction of Interview||To be notified|
- Candidate must be an Indian National.
- Male and Female candidates are eligible and will be appointed to the post of Central Armed Police Force.
- A candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University to apply for UPSC CAPF AC 2020.
- Candidates must meet the prescribed Physical and Medical Standards.
- The age limit for the candidate should be minimum 20 Years and maximum 25 Years.
|General Category / Unreserved / OBC||INR 200|
|ST / SC||NIL|
- Application fee of UPSC CAPF AC 2020 can be submitted either online or offline.
- Candidate can pay the application fee in online mode through SBI Net Banking Facility or using Credit / Debit Card.
- The application fee can be submitted in offline mode directly to SBI Bank choosing Pay by Cash Option.
- The written exam to be conducted will comprise two papers.
- There will be minimum qualifying marks separately in each Paper.
- Passing in Paper-I will qualify for evaluation of Paper-II.
- Negative Marking Scheme will be applied to Paper-1.
Paper I: General Ability and Intelligence
- The questions in this paper will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions.
- This paper will be of 250 marks.
- Questions will be given in both the language English as well as Hindi.
Paper II: General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension
- Candidate will have the option to choose the medium of writing the Essay component either in English or in Hindi.
- There will not be an option in the remaining part of Paper II and the candidate will have to answer in English only.
- This paper will be of 200 marks.
Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests:
|Test||For Males||For Females|
|800 Meters race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 minutes 45 seconds|
|100 Meters race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds|
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.)||4.5 Meters||—-|
|Long Jump||3.5 Meters (3 chances)||3.0 meters (3 chances)|
Interview / Personality Test:
- The Interview and Personality Test will be for 150 Marks.
- Candidate will be called for Next Phase i.e., Interview and Personality Test.
- In this round, a candidate will have to submit Detailed Application Form denoting a preference for forces.
Final Selection / Merit:
- Final Selections will be based on the merit list constructed involving marks secured by the candidates in the Written Exam and Interview / Personality Test.
The UPSC CAPF AC 2020 exam will be conducted at the following places: Agartala, Goa, Patna, Port, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Thiruvananthapuram, Gangtok, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Blair, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Nagpur, Tirupati, Udaipur, Vishakhapatnam, Panaji, Hyderabad, Imphal, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad, Dispur
For Paper I (out of 250)
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||110-120||110||114||106|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||90-100||95||101||90|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||90-100||95||101||91|
For Written test (out of 450)
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||170-180||170||190||165|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||150-160||153||180||151|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||145-155||149||174||143|
- History of India: Social, economic and political aspects, the growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
- Indian and World Geography: Physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
- General Mental Ability: Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Numerical Ability, and Data Interpretation Ability.
- Current Events of National and International Importance: Awareness of current events of national and international level the fields of governance, industry, sports, culture, arts, literature, sports, globalization, business, and music.
- Indian Polity and Economy: Country’s political system and the Constitution of India, regional and international security issues and human rights including its indicators, economic development in India, social life and public administration.
- General Science: General awareness of science, knowledge, and importance of scientific experiments of everyday observation, scientific temper, Biotechnology, and Environmental Science.