NDA is a military training institute (located near Pune at Khadakwasla, Maharashtra) where the cadets of the Army, Navy and Air Force train together before their pre-commissioning training. National Defence Academy (NDA) is the Joint Services Academy of the Indian Armed Forces. NDA 2021 is a national level entrance exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) two times named as NDA-1 and NDA-2. Candidates can get entry into Army, Air Force, and Navy through NDA 2021. After qualifying the entrance exam, candidates have to qualify the SSB interview organized by the Service Selection Board. The candidates must be, at least, 18 years old to be eligible to apply for NDA. Applicants should be a hundred percent fit and must meet the physical standard criterion. All the relevant details about NDA 2021 is given in the followed article.
|Academy||Wing||No. of Vacancies|
|Total NDA & NA Vacancies||383|
NDA 2021: Important Dates
For NDA I
|The release of the notification||3rd week of January 2021|
|The application form will be available from||3rd week of January 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||1st week of February 2021|
|Admit card will be released on||10 days before the exam|
|Exam Date||1st week of February 2021|
|Announcement of results||2nd week of May 2021|
For NDA II
|The release of the notification||1st week of June 2021|
|The application form will be available from||1st week of June 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||1st week of July 2021|
|Admit card will be released on||Ten days before the exam|
|Exam Date||2nd week of September 2021|
|Announcement of results||3rd week of May 2021|
- The candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate should be a subject of Bhutan or Nepal of a refugee of Tibet
- The candidate should be a people of Indian origin.
- For Army Wing, the applicants must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from recognized board.
- For Air Force & Navy and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at INA (Indian Naval Academy), the applicants must show 10+2 certificate.
- They must have passed the exam with mathematics and physics subjects.
- The candidates must be, at least, 18 years old.
- This is quite an important part of the eligibility criteria.
- The applicants should be a hundred percent fit and must meet the physical standard criterion mentioned by the officials.
- Those who are withdrawn or have resigned from any training academy on disciplinary grounds cannot apply.
Marital Status & Gender
- Only male applicants are eligible to apply for the National Defence Academy exam.
- Married candidates are not eligible to apply.
Documents to be Uploaded
- Scanned Photograph (140 X 110 pixels) in JPEG format.
- The size of the photograph should be 3-40 KB in size.
- Scanned Signature (110 X 140 pixels) in JPEG format.
- The size of the signature should be 1-40 KB in size.
- General and OBC students have to pay ₹100 as application fees.
- Payment can be done through e-challan of SBI Bank.
- The application fee payment can also be done via Debit Card/Credit Card or, Net banking.
- SC/ST candidates and wards of NCOs/ JCOs/ORs are exempted from the application fee.
- The offline mode shall be deactivated one day before the last date of applying.
The Selection Procedure involves the following stages-
- Offline Objective exam
- SSB Interview
- Medical Fitness
- The exam will be offline, i.e. it will be conducted in pen & paper mode.
- The NDA & NA exam will be bilingual, i.e. it will be available in two languages, namely, English & Hindi (except for the test of English).
- There will be negative marking for every wrong answer.
- For the Mathematics section, the negative marking will be -0.83 marks per the wrong answer.
- For the General Ability Test, the negative marking will be -1.33 marks for every incorrect answer.
|II||General Ability Test||2.5 hours||600|
General Ability Test details
General Ability Test: Question and Marks distribution
|Name of Subsection||No. of Questions||Marks per question||Total Marks|
- Candidates who qualify the written test will have to face an SSB interview.
- The SSB interviews shall be conducted in 2 stages as given below.
- Candidates need to clear stage 1 to proceed to stage 2.
- SSB Interviews will hold 900 marks.
- Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR).
- Picture Perception Test (PP).
- Description Test (DT).
- Group Testing Officers Task.
- Psychology tests.
Overall Cut Off
- Mathematics: Trigonometry, Algebra, Vector Algebra, Differential & Integral Calculus, Matrices & Determinants, Geometry, Statistics & Probability.
- General Ability test: Vocabulary, Comprehension, Grammar, Chemistry, Physics, Geography, History and Current Affairs.