The notification for Tamil Nadu Civil Services Exam 2020 will be published by the Tamil Nadu public service commission (TNPSC). Candidates who wish to apply for the posts may submit their registrations at the official website, tnpsc.gov.in. The post comes under Tamil Nadu Civil Services Exam 2020 are given in the next section. Also, the eligibility Criteria is given for candidates to be sure before filing the application form.
|Assistant Section Officer in Finance Department||Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service|
|Assistant Section Officer||Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service|
|Assistant Section Officer||Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service|
|Assistant Section Officer Cum Programmer||Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service|
|Assistant Section Officer, Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat||Tamil Nadu State Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service|
|Industrial Co-Operative Officer||Tamil Nadu Industries Subordinate Service|
|Junior Employment Officer (Non- Differently Abled)||Tamil Nadu General Subordinate Service|
|Probation Officer||Tamil Nadu Jail Subordinate Service|
|Senior Inspector of Co-operative Societies in Department of Registrar of Co-operative Societies||Tamil Nadu Co-operative Subordinate Service|
|Audit Assistant in Accounts Branch of Highways and Rural Works Department||Tamil Nadu General Subordinate Service|
|Executive Officer, Grade-II||Tamil Nadu Town Panchayat Subordinate Service|
|Assistant Inspector of Labour||Tamil Nadu Labour Subordinate Service|
|Probation Officer||Tamil Nadu Social Defence Subordinate Service|
|Sub Registrar, Grade-II||Tamil Nadu Registration Subordinate Service|
|Supervisor of Industrial Co-operatives in the Industries and Commerce Department||Tamil Nadu Industries Subordinate Service|
|Audit Inspector in the Audit Wing of Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department||Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service|
|Assistant Inspector in Local Fund Audit Department||Tamil Nadu Local Fund Audit Subordinate Service|
|Handloom Inspector in Handlooms and Textiles Department||Tamil Nadu Handlooms and Textiles Subordinate Service|
|Special Assistant||Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service|
|Municipal Commissioner||Tamil Nadu Municipal Commissioner Subordinate Service|
|Senior Inspectors in Milk Production and Dairy Development Department||Tamil Nadu Co-operative Subordinate Service|
|Revenue Assistant in Revenue Department||Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service|
|Supervisor / Junior Level-11 Superintendent in Tamil Nadu Agricultural Marketing / Agricultural Business Department||Tamil Nadu Agricultural Marketing Subordinate Service|
Tamil Nadu Civil Services Exam 2020: Important Dates
|Date of Notification||Second week of August 2020|
|Last date for submission of online application||Second week of September 2020|
|Last date for payment of Examination Fee||Second week of September 2020|
|Date and time of Preliminary Examination||Second week of November 2020|
Industrial Co-Operative Officer in the Industries and Commerce Department
- A Degree of B.Com or B.A., or B.Sc (Other than in a professional subject not being Agriculture)
Probation Officer in the Social Defence Department
- A degree of B.A., or B.Sc., or B.Com., of any University or Institution, recognized by the University Grants Commission. or
- O.L., of Annamalai University or
- B.A., of Madurai Kamarajar University or B.Litt., of Madras University or B.B.M., or B. Litt., of Bharathiyar University
Junior Employment Officer (Non-Differently Abled) in Employment and Training (Employment Wing) Department
- A degree in Arts or Science or Commerce or B.O.L., of Annamalai University or B.B.A., of Madurai Kamarajar University or B.Litt., of Madras University or B.B.M., or B.Litt., of Bharathiyar University
Probation Officer in the Prison Department
- A degree of B.A., or B.Sc., or B.Com., or B.O.L., of Annamalai University or B.B.A., of Madurai Kamarajar University or B.Litt., of Madras University or B.B.M., or B. Litt., of Bharathiyar University
Assistant Inspector of Labour in the Labour Department
- A degree in Arts or Science or Commerce or Engineering or B.O.L., of Annamalai University or B.B.A., of Madurai Kamarajar University or B.Lit., of Madras University or B.B.M., or B.Litt., of Bharathiyar University
Sub Registrar, Grade-II
- A Bachelor’s degree of any university or Institution recognized by the UGC for the purpose of its grant.
Special Assistant in the Vigilance and Anti – Corruption Department
- Any Degree and Must have passed the Government Technical Examination in Typewriting both by Higher / Senior Grade in Tamil and English
Municipal Commissioner, Grade-II
- A Degree of any University or Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission.
Assistant Section Officer in Law Department in Secretariat
- L., Degree awarded by any University recognized by the University Grants Commission.
Assistant Section Officer in the Finance Department in Secretariat
- A Master’s Degree in Commerce or Economics or Statistics or
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Economics or Statistics with a pass in the final examination of the ICWAI.
Assistant Section Officer, Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat
- A degree of B.A., or B.Sc., or
- B.Com., of any University or
- B.O.L., of Annamalai University or
- B.A., of Madurai Kamarajar University or
- B.Litt., of Madras University or
- B.M., or
- B.Litt., of Bharathiyar University
Assistant Section Officer CumProgrammer in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- Must possess Master’s degree in Computer Application or
- Master’s degree in Science (Information Technology / Computer Science).
- Any Degree or
- A Diploma in Rural Services awarded by the National Council of Rural Higher Education. or
- A Diploma of Associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants.
Supervisor / Junior Superintendent in Tamil Nadu Agricultural Marketing / Agricultural Business Department
- Any Degree
Audit Assistant in the accounts branch of Highways Department.
- Any degree Executive Officer, Grade II inTown
- Panchayat Department Tirunelveli District
- A degree of any University or Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission.
- The minimum age limit is 18 years and maximum would be 30 years.
- For Sub-Registrar Grade- II, the minimum age limit is 20 years.
- For Probation Officer in the Prison Department, the minimum age limit is 22 years.
- For Probation Officer in the Social Defence Department, the minimum age limit is 26 years.
- There is no maximum age limit for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, Most Backward Classes / Denotified Communities, Backward Classes, Backward Classes, (Muslims) and Destitute, Widows of all categories.
- Interested candidates are required to pay Rs.150 as one-time registration fee.
- The examination fee of Rs.100 for preliminary exam and
- The examination fee of Rs.150 for the main written exam has to be paid.
- The fee is payable by online through Net Banking/Credit card/Debit card or can be paid by offline at State Bank of India / Indian Bank/post office within 2 days from the date of submission of online application.
Tamil Nadu Civil Services Exam 2020 Exam Pattern
Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
- The duration will be 3hours.
- The minimum qualifying marks for all communities will be 90.
|General Studies (Degree Standard)||75||150|
|Aptitude and Mental Ability Test (S.S.L.C. Std.)||25|
|General Tamil / General English (S.S.L.C. Std.)||100||150|
Main Written Examination
- The question paper will be set both in Tamil and English.
- The minimum qualifying marks for all communities will be 102.
|General Studies (Degree Standard) (Descriptive Type)||3 hours||300|
|Interview and Record||40|
For Pre Exam
For Main Exam
Chennai, Salem, Thanjavur, Chidambaram, Coimbatore, Nagercoil, Pudukkottai, Ramanathapuram, Tiruchirappalli, Kancheepuram, Karaikudi, Madurai, Tirunelveli, Udhagamandalam, Vellore