The RPSC board is formed to evaluate the Public Commission policies for the people of Rajasthan. Rajasthan Public Service Commission is a well-known board organized by the government of Rajasthan which recruits RPS, RAS, RTS and Clerical Cadre. For the recruitment of RAS officer, Rajasthan RAS (PCS) 2020 exam is conducted by RPSC recruitment board to select the best candidate for the Rajasthan administration department who will contribute to serving the Rajasthan state. The minimum age of the candidates should be 21 years and maximum should be 35 years to apply for Rajasthan RAS (PCS) 2020. The information about Rajasthan RAS (PCS) 2020 is given below, candidates can read the article to get the eligibility criteria and other details.
|Subordinate Service Posts||Will be Updated Later|
|State Service Posts||Will be Updated Later|
Rajasthan RAS (PCS) 2020: Important Dates
|Release of Notification||First week of May 2020|
|Starting Date to Apply Online||Second week of May 2020|
|Last Date to Apply Online||Last week of May 2020|
|Last Date to Pay Fee||Last week of May 2020|
|Release of Admit Card||July 2020|
|Prelims Exam Date||First week of Aug 2020|
|Prelims Result Date||Third week of October 2020|
|Mains Exam Date||Third week of December 2020|
- Candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The applicants should have graduation degree from a government recognized college or university or its equivalent.
- Candidates who are in final year of the graduation can also apply.
- The minimum age of the candidates should be 21 years and maximum should be 35 years.
- Age relaxation will be given to the reserved candidates as:
|SC/ST/OBC/SBC (male)||5 years|
|SC/ ST/ BC/ SBC (female)||10 Years|
|Women (Gen)||37 Years|
|Widow and divorced (women)||No age bar|
|PWD||GEN=10 Years, OBC=13 Years, SC/ST=15 Years|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||Rs. 250/-|
|Phase I||Preliminary Exam|
|Phase II||Main Exam|
|Phase III||Personal Interview|
- It consists of the questions from General knowledge/General Science.
- The question asked in this will be an objective type question.
- The total maximum marks will be 200.
- The total duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- It consists of four subjects: General knowledge-1, General knowledge-2, General knowledge-3, General Hindi, and English.
- Each subject carries 200 marks.
- Total marks are 800 marks.
- Candidates who successfully qualified in the written exam will give an interview.
- The interview carries 100 marks.
Syllabus of Rajasthan RAS (PCS) 2020
- World Geography: Wildlife and Bio-diversity, Broad Physical features, International Waterways, Major Industrial Regions, Environmental and Ecological Issues
- Geography of India: Broad physical features and Major physiographic divisions, Natural Resources, Minerals – Iron, Manganese, Coal, Oil & Gas, Atomic minerals, Transportation– major transport corridors, Agriculture and Agro-based Activities, Environmental Problems and Ecological Issues, Major Industries and Industrial development
- Geography of Rajasthan: Broad physical features and Major physiographic divisions, Major irrigation projects, Mines and Minerals, Population, Natural Resource of Rajasthan: Climate, Natural Vegetation, Forests, Wildlife and Bio-diversity, Major Industries and Potential for Industrial Development
- Political and Administrative System of Rajasthan: Governor, Chief Minister, District Administration, State Human Rights Commission, Lokayukta, State Election Commission, State Information Commission, State Assembly, High Court, Rajasthan Public Service Commission Public Policy, Legal Rights and Citizen Charter.
- Economy of Rajasthan: Growth, Development and Planning, Infrastructure & Resources, Macro overview of Economy, Farmers & Labourers, Major Agricultural, Industrial and Service Sector Issues, Major Development Projects, Class/Minorities/Disabled Persons, Destitute, Women, Children, Old Age People,, Programmes and Schemes- Government Welfare Schemes for SC/ST/Backward
- Science & Technology: Defence Technology, Nanotechnology, Basics of Everyday Science, Biodiversity, Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering, Space Technology including Satellites, Human body, Food and Nutrition, Health care, Electronics, Computers, Information and Communication Technology, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry and Animal Husbandry with special reference to Rajasthan, Environmental and Ecological Changes and its Impacts, Development of Science and Technology in Rajasthan
- Reasoning & Mental Ability: Conclusion, Courses of Action, Analytical Reasoning, Relations, Shapes and their subsections, Number series, Letter series, Odd man out, Coding-Decoding, Problems relating to, Basic Numeracy :, Elementary knowledge of Mathematical and Statistical Analysis, Number System, Order of Magnitude, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Simple and, Statement and Assumptions, Statement and Argument, Statements and, Compound Interest, Data Analysis (Tables, Bar diagram, Line graph, Pie-chart)
- Current Affairs: Importance, Persons and Places in recent news, Games, and Sports related Activities, Major Current Events and Issues of State(Rajasthan), National and International