The notification for Punjab Civil Services Exam 2020 will be published by Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) for various civil services posts or services. Punjab Civil Services Exam 2020 is a combined competitive examination. The examination is conducted in two phases – the Preliminary Examination and Main examination. The Preliminary Examination would be consisting of two papers and the Main examination would be consisting of a written test and viva voce test. Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from any recognized University is the minimum educational qualification. Relevant details are given below regarding Punjab Civil Services Exam 2020.
|Name of the Posts||Vacancies|
|Tehsildar||Will be updated later|
|Labour–cum- Conciliation Officer||Will be updated later|
|Deputy Superintendent of Police||Will be updated later|
|Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch)||Will be updated later|
|Block Development & Panchayat Officer||Will be updated later|
|Food Supply and Consumer Affairs Officer||Will be updated later|
|Employment Generation and Training Officer||Will be updated later|
|Deputy Superintendent Jails / District Probation Officer (Grade-II)||Will be updated later|
Punjab Civil Services Exam 2020: Important Dates
|Start date of Application form||First week of April 2020|
|Last date for Filling Online Applications Form||Third week of April 2020|
|Last date for depositing the Application fees||Last week of April 2020|
|Re-opening of Application Form (Court Order)||Second week of May 2020|
|Admit Card||Second week of July 2020|
|Punjab Civil Services Exam 2020||First week of September 2020|
- Candidate should possess a degree of bachelor in any discipline from a recognized university or institution.
- The candidate can take a preliminary examination while studying for his degree course.
- Candidates must have passed Punjabi of Matric or its equivalent standard.
- Candidate should not be less than 21 years and more than 37 years of age as on 1st January 2020
- The candidates who will opt for Punjab Police Service should meet the physical standards set by the authority.
- Minimum Height of Male Candidates would be 5 feet 7 inches,
- Minimum Height of Female Candidates would be 5 feet 3 inches
- Chest Measurements (Applicable for men only): Unexpanded – 33 inches, Expanded – 34.5 inches
|Name of Category||Online Application charges + Examination Fee||Total|
|Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes of all States and Backward Classes of Punjab||Rs. 500/- + Rs. 625/-||Rs. 1125/-|
|Ex-Servicemen of Punjab||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 500/-|
|All Others Categories (including Lineal Descendent of Ex-servicemen, Punjab)||Rs. 500/- + Rs. 2500/-||Rs. 3000/-|
|Physically Handicapped, Punjab||Rs. 500/- + Rs. 1250/-||Rs. 1750/-|
- Candidates can pay the Application Fee through challan to any Branch of State Bank of India.
- The preliminary competitive examination shall comprise of objective type (multiple choice) questions.
- The exam will consist of two papers of 200 marks each.
- Total duration for both papers will be 2 hours.
|Paper||Subject||No. of questions|
|Paper I||General Studies||100|
|Paper II||Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT)||80|
The Preliminary Competitive Examination is designed only to select suitable candidates for the Main Competitive Examination.
- The main examination will consist of a written examination and an interview test.
- It comprises of 7 papers of conventional essay type and an interview such as given below.
- The time allowed for all the compulsory 7 papers separately is 3 hours for each.
|Punjabi Compulsory (12th standard)||100|
|English Compulsory (12th standard)||100|
|Essay (3 essays of 50 marks each)||150|
|GS Paper-I (History, Geography, and Society)||250|
|GS Paper-II (Indian Constitution & Polity, Governance, and International Relation||250|
|GS Paper-III (Economics, Statistics, and Security Issues)||250|
|GS Paper-IV (Science and Technology, Environment, Problem Solving, and Decision Making)||250|
For Pre Exam Paper-I: General Studies
Indian polity, History of India, Indian Economy, Geography, Everyday Science, Environmental Studies, Political Theory & International Order, Punjab: Geography, People, Society and Culture, History, Economy, Current Events of National and International Importance
For Pre Exam Paper-II: Civil Services Aptitude Test
Reading comprehension; Punjabi and English language comprehension, antonyms and synonyms, grammar and sentence formation., Basic numerical skills; numbers, magnitudes, percentages, numerical relation appreciation, Data analysis; Graphic presentations, charts, tables, spreadsheets, Logical reasoning, analytical and mental ability, Interpersonal skills including communication skills
For Main Exam
- Precis Writing
- Letter Writing
- Essay Writing
- Comprehension (Unseen Passage)
- Candidates need to write three short essays in English or Punjabi on specified topics from the given choices. They are expected to write to the point on a selected topic in an orderly manner for obtaining better marks.
- Bhaag-1 (section-a)
- Arjee ja Patra (letter writing)
- Lekh Rachna (essay writing)
- Anuwaad (translation)
- Andeetha Pehra (comprehension-unseen passage)
- Sankhep Rachna (precis writing)
- Bhaag-2 (section-b)
- Vayaakaran (grammar)
General Studies I
General Studies II
- Indian Constitution & Polity
- International Relations
General Studies III
- Statistical Analysis, Graphs, and Diagrams
- Indian Economy
- Issues Related to Security
General Studies IV
- Science and Technology
- Situations in Civil Service-Problem Solving and Decision Making