To recruit the eligible candidates for various posts in departments/ministries under the Bihar government, Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) will release the notification for BPSC Civil Services Exam 2020. It is a highly competitive exam, also known by other names viz. Bihar Provincial Civil Service (PCS) Exam or Bihar Civil Services Exam. The examination is conducted in two phases – Preliminary and Main. The preliminary exam will be conducted through offline (pen and paper) mode. Details about BPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 are given below with pay scale and eligibility. Candidates can fill the form from the First week of August 2020. Candidates are advised to fill the form before the last date.
- 9,300/- to Rs. 34,800/- + Grade Pay As per Post
Details of Posts
|Name of the Post||No of Post|
|Police Deputy, Home Department (Reserve Branch)||Updated Later|
|District Minority Welfare Officer, Minority welfare department||Updated Later|
|Superintendent of Police, Home department||Updated Later|
|Cane Officer, Sugarcane Industry Department||Updated Later|
|Under Election Officer, Election Department||Updated Later|
|Labor Enforcement Officer, Department of Labor Resources||Updated Later|
|Block Minority Welfare Officer, Minority Welfare Department||Updated Later|
|Deputy Commissioner, Bihar Assembly||Updated Later|
|Commerce Tax officer, Commercial Tax Department||Updated Later|
|Bihar Probation Service (Probation Officer) Home Department Kara||Updated Later|
|Planning Officer / District Planning Officer, Labor resources department||Updated Later|
|Assistant Director, Social security, social welfare department||Updated Later|
|Rural development officer, Department of Rural Development||Updated Later|
|Supply Inspector||Updated Later|
|Block SC and ST Welfare officer, Welfare department of SC and ST||Updated Later|
|Assistant registrar, cooperation committee and equivalent, Cooperative Department||Updated Later|
|Revenue Officer and equivalent, revenue and land reform department||Updated Later|
|Under registrar/ Joint general registrar, Department of product and essay||Updated Later|
|District Audit Officer, Cooperation Committees and Equivalent, Co-operation Department||Updated Later|
BPSC Civil Services Exam 2020: Important Dates
|Release of Notification||First week of August 2020|
|Starting of Registration||First week of August 2020|
|Closing of Registration||Last week of August 2020|
|Online payment process started||First week of August 2020|
|Last date of online application fee payment||First week of September 2020|
|Last date of online application submission||Second week of September 2020|
- Candidates who are applying for the above post should have done graduation from a recognized university.
- Minimum & Maximum age limit of the candidate will be 20 to 37 years As on 01.08.2020
- The relaxation for BC/OBC (Female) is 03 years.
- The relaxation for SC/ST (Male/Female) is 05 years.
- The application fee of BPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 for all candidates is Rs 600/- (Bank transaction charges extra)
- The application fee for the Bihar state SC/ST category is Rs. 150/- (Bank transaction charges extra)
Preliminary Exam Pattern
- The preliminary exam will be conducted through offline (pen and paper) mode. The General Studies paper comprises Objective Type and Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) of the total 150 marks.
- The preliminary exam is of qualifying nature.
- Marks of the preliminary exam are not considered while preparing the final selection list.
|One Paper – General Studies||150||2 hours|
Main Exam Pattern
- Eligible candidates for the Main exam are selected on the basis of their performance in the Preliminary examination.
The Main exam consists of 4 papers as follows:
|Subject Code||Subjects||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|02||General Studies (Paper I)||300||3 hours|
|03||General Studies (Paper II)||300||3 hours|
|04||Optional Subject||300||3 hours|
List of Optional Subjects
|Philosophy||Commerce & Accountancy|
|Physics||Labour and Social Welfare|
|Psychology||Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science|
|Sociology||Political Science and International Relations|
|Statistics||Hindi Language & Literature|
|Zoology||English Language & Literature|
|Agriculture||Urdu Language & Literature|
|Anthropology||Bangla Language & Literature|
|Botany||Sanskrit Language & Literature|
|Chemistry||Persian Language & Literature|
|Civil Engineering||Arabic Language & Literature|
|Economics||Pali Language & Literature|
|Electrical Engineering||Maithili Language & Literature|
- The qualified candidates of the Main examination will be published on the official website and will be called for the interview round.
- After considering the marks of the main exam and interview round, the final merit list will be prepared.
Preliminary Exam Syllabus:
- General Science, History of India and salient features of history of Bihar, Indian National Movement and contribution of Bihar, General geography and geographical division of Bihar and its major river systems, Major changes in the economy of Bihar post-independence, Indian Polity and Economy, Current Events of National and International importance, and questions from General Mental Ability.
Main Exam Syllabus
- Hindi: The paper will comprise of questions on essay writing, grammar, sentence syntax, and précis-writing/summary, Questions will be of the Secondary Level of Bihar School Examination Board.
- General Studies (Paper I): Current events of national and international importance, the modern history of India and Indian culture, and statistical analysis, graphs & diagrams.
- General Studies (Paper II): Indian Polity, the role and impact of science and technology in the development of India, India Economy and Geography of India.
- Optional Subject: Candidates have to select from one of the optional subjects for this paper.