For Recruitment of Stenographer Grade C (Group B Non-Gazetted) and Grade D (Group C Non-Gazetted), the Staff Selection Commission will hold an open competitive Computer Based Examination in the month of October. Vacancies of SSC Stenographer 2020 Grade C and Grade D are in Ministries/Departments of Central Government, including their Attached/Subordinate offices located in States and Union Territories all over the country. Candidate must be able to produce the required documents when asked for verification after qualifying the SSC exam. The article has been provided below so candidates wish to apply for this exam can aware of all the details regarding SSC Stenographer 2020.
|SSC Stenographer 2020 Grade ‘D’||Will be updated later|
|SSC Stenographer 2020 Grade ‘C’||Will be updated later|
SSC Stenographer 2020: Important Dates
|Availability of Application Form||3rd week of October|
|Last date for registration||3rd week of November|
|Commencement of SSC Stenographer 2020 Grade C and D exam||1st week of February|
- Passed 12th pass from a recognized Board or University is required to apply for this exam.
- Candidate must be able to produce the required documents when asked for verification after qualifying the SSC exam.
- Grade C: A candidate must lie in the age domain of 18-30 years.
- Grade D: A candidate must lie in the age domain of 18-27 years.
|Category||Upper Age Limit/Age Relaxation|
|PwD (unreserved)||10 years|
|PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|Pwd (SC/ST)||15 years|
- The Application Fee is Rs. 100/- for General and OBC Candidates.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD/Ex-servicemen category as well as female candidates are exempted from paying the application fee.
Computer Based Examination for Grade C and D
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Allotted|
|General Awareness||50||50||2 Hours|
|English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
|There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.|
Skill Test in Stenography:
|Grade||Skill Test Language||Time Duration||Time Duration for the candidates who are allowed the use of scribe in the CBE|
|D||English||50 min||70 min|
|D||Hindi||65 min||90 min|
|C||English||40 min||55 min|
|C||Hindi||55 min||75 min|
|The skill test will be held at the Commission’s Regional/ Sub Regional Offices or at other Centre(s) as may be decided by the Commission.|
Agra, Lucknow, Bhagalpur, Gangtok, Sambalpur, Bengaluru, Delhi, Guwahati (Dispur), Imphal, Hyderabad, Chennai, Almora, Srinagar (Uttarakhand), Rewa, Bhatinda, Raipur, Jagdalpur, Mangaluru, Allahabad, Varanasi, Patna, Ranchi, Port Blair, Thiruvananthapuram, Aurangabad, Jaipur, Kolhapur, Itanagar, Shillong, Guntur, Madurai, Hamirpur, Kozhikode, Dharwad, Shimla, Udaipur, Kanpur, Bhagalpur, Mumbai, Jalpaiguri, Surat, Kochi, Ambikapur, Jodhpur, Chindwara, Dibrugarh, Aizwal, Chennai, Visakhapatnam, Alwar, Ajmer, Sriganganagar, Khandwa, Bilaspur, Guna, Raipur, Jalandhar, Kolkata, Leh, Thrissur, Chandigarh, Kota, Nagpur, Jorhat, Kohima, Rajkot, Indore, Dehradun, Haldwani, Jammu, Churachandpur, Ahmedabad
SSC Stenographer 2020: Cut Off 2017 CBT
- General Awareness: Sports, Economy, Current Affairs, Awards and Honors, Scientific Research, History, Important Dates
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Arithmetic Computation, Number Series, Visual Memory, Blood Relation, Syllogism, Decision making, Problem Solving Skills
- English Language and Comprehension: Grammar, Vocabulary, Synonyms-Antonyms, Sentence Structure, Reading Comprehension, Para Jumbles