Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by the Staff Selection Commission or SSC in Government departments. Govt. SSC is the leading Govt. organization that provides employment to lakhs of students in India. For the recruitment in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India, the Staff Selection Commission conducts Combined Higher Secondary Level (SSC CHSL 2020) exam every year. Candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University to apply for this exam. We will update all the information about SSC CHSL 2020 as per the latest official notification through this article.
Details of Vacancies
|Name of the Post||Vacancies|
|Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants(PA/SA)||Will be Updated Later|
|Data Entry Operator (DEO)||Will be Updated Later|
|Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)||Will be Updated Later|
SSC CHSL 2020: Important Dates
|Availability of the Application form||In the month of November|
|Registration will end on||In the month of December|
|Tier-1 Exam on||In the month of March|
|Tier-2 Exam on||In the month of July|
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The Age Limit of the candidate should be 18-27 years as on the mentioned date.
- Candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
|For Unreserved Candidates||Rs. 100/-|
|For a female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates||Nil|
- Candidate can pay the application fee only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card.
- Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of SBI.
- The exam will be held in 3 stages.
- While the first one will be held in online mode.
- Later two will be offline
- Candidates will be required to qualify in each stage of the exam to proceed to the next one, before being finally selected.
The stages of the Selection Procedure are given in tabular form below:
|I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|II||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|III||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
For Tier 1 exam (Online mode)
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
|Exam Duration||60 minutes|
|Exam Duration for visually handicapped candidates||100 minutes|
|Negative Marking||0.5 Marks|
For Tier 2
- This is a descriptive exam to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi.
- The exam is qualifying in nature.
- The exam is of 60 minutes’ duration.
- The exam carries 100 marks.
- An Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/Application writing of approximately 150-200 words will be required to write.
- The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 percent.
- The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit.
- For visually handicapped candidates, the exam duration is 80 minutes.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator (DEO):
- The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes.
- Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer will be required.
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks:
- Candidates will have to indicate his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form while applying for the Examination.
- Typing Test will be of qualifying in nature.
- Visually Handicapped candidates will be allowed 30 minutes.
- For Hindi typing, the speed should be 30 words per minute.
- For English typing, the speed should be 35 words per minute.
Previous Cut Off (Tier I)
SSC CHSL 2020 Syllabus
General Intelligence and Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, Alphanumeric Series, Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test, Work & Time, Time & Distance, Data Sufficiency, Coded Inequalities, Seating Arrangement, Puzzle, Tabulation, Syllogism, Blood Relations, Input-Output, Coding-Decoding, Quantitative Ability, Simplification, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices, Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere, Data Interpretation, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Number Systems, Sequence & Series, Permutation, Combination &Probability, English Language, Reading Comprehension, Mixtures & Allegations, Cloze Test, Para jumbles, Miscellaneous, Fill in the blanks, Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting, Paragraph Completion, One Word Substitution, Active/Passive Voice, General Awareness, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy, Scientific Research, Awards and Honours, Books and Authors