A notification would be released as AFCAT 2020 (Air Force Common Admission Test) for the recruitment of Flying, Ground Duty (Tech) and Ground Duty (Non-tech) in various branches. The Indian Air Force (IAF) is the world’s fourth largest air force in terms of both personnel and aircraft. It is the air arm of the Indian armed forces. The age of the candidate should be minimum 20 years and maximum 26 years. There will be two stages in the selection procedure of AFCAT 2020. There will be different eligibility criteria for a different branch of Air Force. Vacancy details and eligibility criteria of AFCAT 2020 has been given below which candidates can use to fill the application form.
For AFCAT Entry
- Flying: Rs. 56,100-1,10,700
- Ground Duty (Tech): Rs. 56,100-1,10,700
- Ground Duty (Non-tech): Rs. 56,100-1,10,700
For NCC Special Entry
- Flying: Rs. 56,100-1,10,700
AFCAT 2020: Important Dates
|Official Notification will be released on||1st week of December 2019|
|Application Form filling starts from||1st week of Dec 2019|
|Last date of filling the Application Form||4th week of Dec 2019|
|Admit Card||1st week of Feb 2020|
|Exam Date||2nd week of Feb 2020|
|Answer Key||2nd week of Feb 2020|
|Result Date||To be Announced|
|Admit Card for AFSB Test||To be Announced|
|AFSB Test Date||To be Announced|
|AFSB Memory Based Answer Key||To be Announced|
|AFSB Result Date||To be Announced|
- For Flying: 10+2 passed with Maths and Physics with at least 60% marks in each subject and B.E./B.Tech. Degree from a recognized university.
- The age should be minimum 20 years and maximum 24 years
- For Ground Duty (Tech): A 4-year Degree qualification is required and a candidate should have cleared Sections A and B Examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India with minimum 60% marks.
- The age of the candidate should be minimum 20 years and maximum 26 years
- For Ground Duty (Non-tech): A B.Com. degree is required with a minimum of 60% marks.
- For education posts, the candidates must have passed MBA/MCA or M.A./M.Sc. Degree in English/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Statistics/ International Relations/ International Studies/ Defence Studies/ Psychology/ Computer Science/ IT/ Management/ Mass Communication/ Journalism/ Public Relation with minimum of 50% marks and have scored minimum 60% marks in graduation.
- The age of the candidate should be minimum 20 years and maximum 26 years.
Height and Weight Parameters
For Flying Branch
|Height: 162.5 cms|
|Leg Length: 99 cms (Min), 120 cms (Max)|
|Thigh Length: 64 cms (Max)|
|Sitting Height : 81.5 cms (Min), Max – 96 cms (Max)|
For Technical and Non-Technical Branch
|Height: 157.5 cms (Min), For women 152 cms (Min).|
|Candidates belonging from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height will be 2 cms less than what is applicable to men and women respectively).|
|Candidates belonging from Gorkhas, hills of North, Eastern region of India, Garhwal, and Kumaon, the minimum acceptable height will be 5 cms less.|
Application Fee of AFCAT 2020
- All candidates have to pay Rs. 250 through online mode.
- Candidates with Meteorology Entry and NCC Special Entry don’t have to pay any fee.
- Candidates can pay the application fee using Net-banking/Credit or Debit Card.
- This is a screening test and only those who qualify would undergo subsequent testing.
- The qualified candidates of Stage 1 would be subjected to document check.
- Psychological test, Group Tests and Interview would commence after document check for the next five days.
- Total number of questions will be 100
- The time duration will be 02 hours
- +3 will be given for each correct answer and -1 will be given for each incorrect answer
- Number of Sections will be 4 (Verbal ability, Numerical Ability, General Awareness and Reasoning, and Military aptitude)
- Mode of AFCAT 2020 will be Online
|Exam Name||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|EKT (For technical branches)||50||150||45 Minutes|
Aligarh, Allahabad, Aizawl, Ambala, Amritsar, Andaman, Bareilly, Behrampura, Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bahadurgarh, Bhagalpur, Bhawanipatna, Bhilai, Bhopal, Bhuj, Bhubaneshwar, Patna, Nizamabad, Coimbatore, Darbhanga, Darjeeling, Dehradun, Delhi, Dhanbad, Diu, Durgapur, Faridabad, Ganganagar, Gautam Budh Nagar, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Greater, Rohtak, Rourkee, Ranchi, Puducherry, Pathankot, Guwahati, Gwalior, Haldwani, Hisar, Hyderabad, Imphal, Indore, Itanagar, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Jalandhar, Jalpaigudi, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Jhansi, Jodhpur, Pune, Rajkot, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Kochi, Kohima, Kolhapur, Kolkata, Kota, Kurukshetra, Leh, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Meerut, Midnapore, Mumbai, Mysore, Nagpur, Nasik, Warangal, Shimla, Silchar, Solapur, Sonipat, Srinagar, Thane, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Tinsukia, Tirunelveli, Tirupathi, Udaipur, Ujjain, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vellore, Vijayawada, Vishakapatnam
- General Awareness: History, Geography, Politics, Civics, Basic Science, Defense, Environmental Science, Current Affairs, and Art.
- Numerical Ability: Decimal Fraction, Percentage, Ration and Proportion, Simple Interest, Simplification, Average and Profit and Loss.
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test: Verbal skills and Spatial abilities.
- Verbal Ability in English: Comprehension, Testing of Vocabulary, Sentence Completion, Error Detection, Synonyms, Antonyms etc.