University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun (UPES) was established in 2003 and is recognized by UGC and accredited by NAAC. UPES conducts University of Petroleum & Energy Studies Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT 2020) every year to provide admission to Engineering courses. UPES offers courses like B.Tech, BBA, B.A, B.Des, LL.B at the UG level and M.Tech, MBA, M.A, LLM courses at PG level. Candidates will be selected on the basis of class 10th and 12th marks and JEE Main score for Engineering courses at UPES.
Courses Offered through UPESEAT 2020
Oil & Gas Department
- Tech Chemical Engineering (Specialization in Refining & Petrochemicals)
- Tech in GeoScience Engineering
- Tech in Geo-Informatics Engineering
- Tech Applied Petroleum Engineering (Specialization in Gas and Specialization in Upstream)
- Tech in Electrical Engineering
High Technology Department
- Tech in Mechatronics Engineering and in Electronics Engineering
Aviation and Aerospace Department
- Tech in Aerospace Engineering
- Tech Aerospace Engineering – Specialization In Avionics Engineering
- Tech Civil Engineering – Specialization in Infrastructure Development
- Tech in Mechanical Engineering and in Automotive Design Engineering
- Information Technology Department
B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in the following fields:
- IT Infrastructure
- Cyber Security and Forensics in academic collaboration with IBM
- E-Commerce, Retail & Automation
- Business Analytics and Optimization
- Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Mobile Application and Development
- Graphics and Gaming
- Open Source & Open Standards High Technology
- Internet of Things and Smart Cities in academic collaboration with IBM
- Big Data in academic collaboration with Xebia
- AI and Machine Learning
- Dev Ops in academic collaboration with Xebia
- Cloud Computing & Virtualization Technology
- Oil & Gas Informatics
- Mainframe technology
Health, Safety and Environment Department
- Tech in Fire & Safety Engineering
Electronics and Communication Department
- Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
UPESEAT 2020: Important Dates
|Availability of online application form||2nd week of October 2019|
|Closing of online application form||3rd week of April 2020|
|Release of admit card||4th week of April 2020|
|Date of Exam||4th week of April 2020|
|Declaration of results||Last week of May 2020|
|Counseling for Board Merit||3rd week of June 2020|
|JEE Main Merit and Board Merit will be released on||2nd week of June 2020|
|Counseling Date||4th week of June 2020|
Based on Board Merit
- Passed Higher Secondary and Senior Secondary (10th & 12th) levels of education with 80% in their 10th and 12th std and a minimum aggregate mark of 80% in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- Candidates born on/after 01/10/1999 are eligible to apply for UPESEAT 2020.
- Secondary Education Board records will be taken as authentic proof of age
Based on JEE Main Merit
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 60% marks in class 10th and 12th and a minimum aggregate mark of 60% in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics in Class 12th.
- UPES will announce the cut-off rank after the declaration of JEE Main 2020 results.
- The application fee (cash) will be INR 1750/.
- The application fee (DD/Online) will be INR 1850/-.
- Candidates also have the option of online payment through credit card/debit card/net banking.
- The exam will be conducted in Online as well as in Offline mode.
- The exam will be conducted for 200 marks.
- There will be 200 questions in the Question paper in the form of MCQ.
- The exam will be conducted for 3 hours.
- The question paper will consist of 5 sections.
- No marks will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English Language Comprehension||30||30|
|Current Affairs Awareness||20||20|
Chennai, Siliguri, Trivandrum, Cochin, Dehradun, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Agra, Delhi, Dhanbad, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Jammu, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagaon, Noida, Rohtak, Shillong, Varanasi, Patna, Pune, Gurgaon, Haldwani, Raipur, Ranchi, Vishakhapatnam
- The counseling for UPESEAT 2020 will start from the 4th week of June 2020.
- The university will conduct separate counseling for JEE Main Rank holders, Board Merit holders, and UPESEAT qualifiers.
- 20% of the seats will be allocated to JEE Main rankers and Board Merit holders.
- Rest 80% of the seats will be allocated to UPESEAT 2020 merit holders.
Documents Required during Counseling
- Call Letter for Counseling
- Admit card and Scorecard of UPESEAT 2020
- Mark sheet and passing certificate of Class 10th and Class 12th
- Identity Proof
- Demand Draft of prescribed fees in favor of “UPES Fee Account” payable at Dehradun.
- Domicile Certificate
- 4 Passport size photograph