Council of Architecture, NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) conducts a national level common Aptitude Test in Architecture called NATA 2020. NATA scores are used for admissions to different Government, Govt. Aided & unaided schools /colleges of Architecture. A candidate applying to any school/college of architecture in India should have achieved 40% score in NATA, i.e. at least 80/200, for consideration of admission into first year B.Arch (according to the Council of Architecture admission guidelines). Detailed information about NATA 2020 is given below so candidates can read carefully before filling the application form. There will be no negative marking in the exam paper, but wrong answering will be penalized in case of tie-breaking.
NATA 2020: Important Dates
|Starting of Online Registration||January 2020|
|Closing of Online Registration||February 2020|
|Last Date for Upload Image||February 2020|
|Last Date to Submit fee||February 2020|
|Page Printout Available||February 2020|
|Correction Window will be Available||February 2020|
|Release of Admit Card||March 2020|
|Date of Exam||April 2020|
|Declaration of Result||June 2020|
To appear for NATA 2020
- Passed/Appearing 10+2 or equivalent with Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics as the subjects of the examination.
- Passed/Appearing International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of Schooling with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examinations
- Passed/Appearing 10+3 Diploma (any stream) recognized by Central/State Govts with Mathematics as one of the subjects of examination
For admission to BArch Course:
- Have cleared a recognized aptitude test in Architecture (NATA or equivalent) in 2020 OR qualified in NATA- 2018 AND
- Passed in 10+2 or equivalent examination in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as the subjects with 50% marks; or
- Passed 10+3 Diploma (any stream) recognized by Central/State Govt. with 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics; OR
- Passed/Appearing International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of Schooling with 50% marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination
- NATA score shall be valid for a period of two years from the year in which one appeared.
Specifications of Document Upload
|Photograph||4 KB to 100 KB||4.5 cm||3.5 cm|
|Left thumb impression||1 KB to 30 KB||1.5 cm||3.5 cm|
|Signature||1 KB to 30 KB||1.5 cm||3.5 cm|
- The application fee for NATA 2020 will be Rs. 1800.00 (+ Processing Charges).
- The application fee for SC/ST candidates will be Rs. 1500.
- The fee can be paid using Netbanking / Credit Cards / ICICI Isure Bank Challan.
- The duration of the Drawing test will be 120 minutes.
- The time duration of the Aptitude test will be 60 minutes.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Mathematics – Part A||20||40|
|General Aptitude – Part A||40||80|
|Drawing – Part B||2||80|
Mathematics & General Aptitude Test:
- Only one option will be correct
- Every correct response will yield 2 (two) marks
- There is no negative marking, but wrong answering will be penalized in case of tie-breaking.
Port Blair, Chirala, Guntur, Kakinada, Kurnool, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Silchar, Tezpur, Arrah, Darbhanga, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Chandigarh, Bhilai Nagar, Bilaspur, Raipur, Delhi, New Delhi, Panaji, Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Ambala, Gurugram, Hisar, Karnal, Gurgaon, Kurukshetra, Hamirpur, Jammu, Samba, Bokaro Steel City, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh, Jamshedpur, Ranchi, Bengaluru, Gulbarga, Hubli, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udupi, Kannur, Kozhikode, Thrissur, Ernakulam, Trivandrum, Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar, Satna, Ujjain, Amravati, Aurangabad, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Shillong, Aizawl, Kohima, Balasore, Berhampur-Ganjam, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Rourkela, KORAPUT, Sambalpur, Puducherry, Amritsar, Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala, Ajmer, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur, Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Salem, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelveli, Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Warangal, Agartala, Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Greater Noida, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Noida, Varanasi, Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee, Asansol, Hooghly, Kolkata, Siliguri, Howrah, Dubai
- Drawing Test: Geometric composition, building forms and, colour texture, harmony, elements, aesthetics and contrast, Conceptualization and visualization through structuring objects in memory, Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract, Shape, Understanding scale and proportion of objects, Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces and volumes, Creation of 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms, Generating plan, and 3D views, elevation of objects, Sketching of urbanscape and landscape, Perspective drawing, Common day-to-day life objects such as equipment, furniture, etc., from memory.
- Mathematics: Permutation and combination, Trigonometry, Logarithms, Matrices, Coordinate Geometry, 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry, Theory of Calculus, Algebra, Application of Calculus, Statistics and Probability.
- General Aptitude: Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawing objects, Mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), Analytical reasoning, general awareness of national/international architects and famous architectural creations, Interpretation of pictorial compositions, textures related to architecture & built environment, Visualizing different sides of 3D objects, Mathematical reasoning and sets as well as relations.