Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE) conducts a state level entrance exam for the residents of J&K called Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JK CET 2020) for admissions to undergraduate Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) offered by the government and private colleges. Information about JK CET 2020 is given below and candidates can ensure their eligibility from below before filing the application form.
- Government College of Engineering and Technology (GCET), Jammu
- Yogananda College of Engineering and Technology (YCET), Jammu
- Model Institute of Engineering and Technology (MIET), Jammu
- Mahant Bachitar Singh College of Engineering and Technology (MBSCET), Jammu
- SSM College of Engineering and Technology, Pattan, Kashmir
- Bhargava College of Engineering and Technology (BCET), Supwal
JK CET 2020: Important Dates
|Application Form starts from||1st week of February 2020|
|Application Form ends on||1st week of March 2020|
|Availability of Admit Card||1st week of April 2020|
|Exam date||Last week of April 2020|
|Results||2nd week of May 2020|
|Declaration of Answer Key||Last week of April 2020|
|Counseling||1st week of July 2020|
- The candidates must be a permanent resident of Jammu & Kashmir.
- No foreign students are eligible to apply.
- The applicants must have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2020.
- There is no upper age limit bar for candidates to apply for the exam.
- A candidate can attempt any number of times according to his/her wish.
- Passed 10+2 Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English from a recognized Board or University of Jammu and Kashmir is required.
- Candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in English, Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics (40% marks for SC and ST candidates).
|Residents of Backward area(RBA)||20%|
|Children of defence personnel||3%|
|Candidates possessing outstanding proficiency in sports||2%|
|Children of State Police personnel and paramilitary forces||1%|
Documents required filling application form:
- A soft copy of recent passport size photograph
- A soft copy of signature
- A scanned image of thumb-impression
- Scanned images of Mark sheet, Permanent Resident Certificate & Reserved category certificate
- Valid email-id and active mobile number
Specifications of Documents
|Photograph in JPG/JPEG||10kb to 50kb||3.5 x 4.5cm|
|Signature in JPG/JPEG||10kb to 50kb||3.5 x 1.5cm|
|Thumb Impression in JPG/JPEG||10kb to 50kb||3.5 x 1.5cm|
- The application fee can be paid online with the help of Credit Card/Debit Card and by Netbanking.
- There will be 1 paper for PCM (Engineering) groups in the exam.
- The exam will be held in offline mode, which is Pen and paper-based exam.
- There will be 60 questions in each subject.
- The total number of questions will be 180.
- All the questions are Multiple Choice Questions in exam consisting of 4 options.
- The time duration of the exam is 180 minutes (3 hours).
- Each correct answer candidates will get 1 mark.
- For each incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- The medium of the examination will be English.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
JK CET 2020 Reference Books
- NCERT Class XI Physics Text Book
- NCERT Class XII Physics Text Book
- NCERT Class XI Chemistry Text Book
- NCERT Class XII Chemistry Text Book
- NCERT Class XI Mathematics Text Book
- NCERT Class XII Mathematics Text Book
- NCERT Class XI Biology Text Book
- NCERT Class XII Biology Text Book